Sunday, March 2, 2008

Me and Mr. Jones, I mean Mr. Buble



Me with my sister-in-law, Anna Lisa Arntsen



We just got back from my boyfriend's concert at the Toyota Center. It was as fun as I expected it to be as Michael Buble is an amazing entertainer. We found out about the concert in November and got the best seats available at that time which were on the floor, about 20 rows back...not bad. He said that we were the largest audience he has ever performed for in North America...12,020! That was pretty cool. He seemed excited about that. When he first came out, he looked pretty haggard. After viewing his touring schedule, I can see why...he has like 4 or 5 concerts every week and goes from one state to another constantly. I shouldn't feel badly for him but that sounds kind of lame. He had some serious bags underneath his eyes, and I know I wasn't the only one to notice it. I could hear people around us whispering about it, too. It was as if we were worried that we'd been gypped...we weren't getting the guy we've seen on TV and heard on the radio...this guy looked tired and worn out. It didn't take long before he looked good because he is so charismatic and entertaining. He is super fun to see in concert and I highly recommend it. He is one of the few that sound as good in person as on their albums. He loves to engage the audience and would point out specific people and talk to them and make funny comments.
He made a comment to all of the men there about how he knew many of them may not even known who Michael Buble is, but that they would be thanking him later on because his songs have a tendency to get women "in the mood." Of course, he didn't say it that way but it was pretty hilarious. What he actually said was that "while you guys are sitting back smoking in bed and saying 'pass me the macaroni and cheese' later tonight, I will be on a tour bus with a bunch of band guys."
Half of the fun of going to concerts is watching the people. You can see people from nearly every walk of life there and he has all kinds of fans. There were people in their 70's, parents with their 4 year-old daughter, drunk, scantily-clad women dancing NOT with the beat and drooling all over their dates and every kind of person in between. There is an energy about experiencing a concert and being only feet away from someone you like that is famous. I always get bugged when people act ridiculous and hyper and shamefully throw themselves at famous people, but if I had been close enough, I would have wanted to touch him. Actually, I would have wanted to make out with him, so it was for the best that I was 20 rows back. I kept my cool, behaved like a 36 year old Mormon woman should, and enjoyed every minute of it.

12 comments:

Paris Lover March 2, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

Yahoo! I'm so glad you were able to go to his concert. How fun!!! I know you are a big fan of his. Remember that DVD of him in concert that I had? I think you watched it more than once. I like him too! His song "Everything" is one of my fav.'s.

youreprettytoo March 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

I'm glad to hear you kept yourself under control! I wish I could get my husband to go to those type of concerts. I just have to wait for Angie to arrange them! :) You know since I can't do it myself!

Kevin Pratt March 3, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

I love that DVD...I still want to buy it. It's almost better than going because you are in a first row seat...plus he was young, fresh and new and I loved all of those songs. I wish you guys could have come with me...how fun that would have been.

Fancy Nancy Pants March 3, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

You're funny, Chelsea! Sounds like you had a ton of fun. It was cool to see Jeremy and his wife there with you too. Glad you had fun and didn't ruin your virtue....

megan March 3, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

You got to take a camera in with you!? I've never been able to at concerts. But it looks like fun. But wow - those must have been REALLY big bags if you could see them on row 20!

Chelseapratt March 3, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

They have that big screen off to the side of the stage that shows him close up...that's how we could see his bags!

Patria March 4, 2008 at 1:48 AM  

love, love Michael Buble! How fun!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner March 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

awww yeah!! micheal buble is coming to phoenix. i hope our student loans can afford some tickets to that show!!

Chelseapratt March 5, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

That made me laugh, Carlie! GO!!! Every time I try to get into your blog, it won't let me. What's up with that???

Carlie and Ryan Skinner March 6, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

chels-

you have my link as skinner05 instead of skinners05 so that is why it won't take you to my blog.

Carlie March 8, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

I can understand the cigarette, but what's with Mac n cheese? Maybe it's the redneck's way of celebrating.

Chelseapratt March 17, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

C'mon, you know when you're hungry, you want some great mac n cheese! I would prefer a piece of combo pizza, but since that's not usually around, mac n cheese is the obvious choice.