Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy 36th Birthday, Hun!

Kevin at the BYU/TCU game last Thursday....what a bummer!

1. Where did you meet? We were in the same district as missionaries in Minnesota. I was attracted to his sense of humor, but lest you make any rash judgments, there was no mission romance...we were only in the same district for a few weeks.

2. How long did you date before you were married? We dated for six months.

3. How long have you been married for? In February it will be 14 years...

4. What does he do that surprises you? He never complains about what I cook. He is super easy to please when it comes to what I feed him. Seriously, I don't think he's every complained about my cooking and it's really only so-so.

5. What's your favorite feature about him? I love his hair. It is such a beautiful color. He has great coloring...dark hair and gorgeous blue/gray eyes. He also has great legs and is the perfect height for me.

6. What's your favorite quality about him? He is not needy or high-maintenance. He is frugal. He is great at making us laugh.

7. Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? We call each other "hun" all the time...rarely by our first names.

8. What's his favorite color? BYU Blue all the way!!!

9. What's his favorite food? Anything Mexican for sure.

11. Who said I love you first? I thought he did, but he was actually mouthing, "Olive Oil" and then I said it back, so I guess I did. NICE.

12. When and where was your fist kiss? In his truck, after a hike.

13. What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? Work on house projects....J/K...that is what "challenges" our marriage. Actually, eat and watch dvd seasons of 24 or lost or The Office. We like to play games like Settler's of Catan, Phase 10 and Ticket to Ride (unless one of us keeps getting killed (me)).

14. Do you have kids? 4 super cute kids...all thanks to Kevin's genes!

15. What's a hidden talent that he has? He is an excellent artist. He is also pretty neat. His closet is nice and organized. He is super athletic (not so hidden), but he is a great basketball and football player. At this point, he always gets hurt playing, so he's tapering off.

16. How old is he? 36 on October 19th

17. What's his favorite type of music? He loves all the stuff we loved in the eighties and nineties. He listened to Metallica, Bon Jovi, etc. and the like, growing up. He likes everything except country and classical. He recently told me there was a station he liked that played some cool jazz and when I listened to it, I laughed because it was the elevator music-type jazz, but at least he's open, right?

18. What do you admire most about him? He is easy to please. He always tries to lighten the mood and make everyone comfortable.

19. What's his favorite past time? He likes to read and look at cars on Ebay...especially old Landcruisers.

20. Do you think he is going to read this? Oh, for sure.

I love you, Kevin!

5 comments:

Erika October 18, 2008 at 11:50 PM  

Hey - I didn't know you guys were in the same mission. Why does he love Land Cruisers so much?

-Erika

Julie October 19, 2008 at 12:55 AM  

Happy Birthday tomorrow Kevin!! Great post. I love that we got married on your anniversary. You guys are a way cute couple...and perfect together I might add. About the home remodeling comment...I remember seeing what you were doing to your house in Murray and he said some comment and you just about lost it. I thought it was so funny. Testing your marriage is a good thing as long as you pass.

Kevin Pratt October 20, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

Erika, he fancies himself an off-roader...or an off-roader wanna be. Unfortunately there aren't many places to do it in our part of Texas. So, I drive the beautiful Landcruiser and he drives the sensible Civic! (He can't very well drive an SUV 45 miles each way to work every day!)

megan October 20, 2008 at 1:08 PM  

Happy Birthday Kevin! We love hanging out with you guys! You keep us laughing every minute.

Unknown October 22, 2008 at 5:55 PM  

Hi mom! this is Emme. I love you soooo much. Hope you have a good time tonight!